Saturday, February 14, 2015

First trail cams images from the Reconyx RC60

Night thermal image looking for Bigfoot
On March 5, 2012 the Reconyx RC60 shot a series of images at 3:33 - 3:34 AM. The images are clear and what you would expect with a night optics camera. However, I cannot see anything moving that would have set the camera off. Perhaps someone with a better eye will.
I believe an animal may be on the periphery of the camera, either under it, or to the left or right. The same thing happened on March 10 on a sunny Saturday morning. Again, nothing can be seen moving during the three frame shoot. Better luck next time, I guess.

The same area at daylight
On the night shot, something may have been out there. I just can't tell. The daytime shot is a mystery. It could not  have been wind. We have been under a high pressure system and you can see in the images nothing is moving, like tree branches. I still believe something was on the edge of the camera.

I have left the camera up and it is on permanent assignment. With good batteries, you only need to check it every six months. That will be the goal for all my cameras.

No comments:

Post a Comment